Thursday, February 14, 2008

Finished projects...YAY!

Hello y'all, I finally get a chance to share all the cool projects I have been working on and more recently finishing.

Here is a quick overview...


First off the needles after my last blog update was the Mercy beret from the Rowan Ribbon Twist Collection.
The begining of a great thing...the first two rows.

Without futher ado, here is my finished Mercy


I had found the Jackyll & Hide on Knitty and shown it to my boyfriend, Sean, one night while watching a movie. He immediately exclaimed, "MAKE ME THAT!" pointing furiously at the computer screen.
A few weeks after resting my hands from all the Christmas knitting I had done we went to Amazing Threads (yes, he goes yarn shopping with me) to find a non-scratchy yarn. I had originally wanted a superwash wool, but couldn't find the right fit for Sean's picky tastes.
We settled on a very black Berocco Comfort.
After finishing Sean's "hat" I still had 1/2 a skein left over so I had him go over to AT (Amazing Threads) to pick up another in the same dye lot.
After I acquired the necessary yarn I started one for myselfDon't I look sexy? ;)
Now I have been working on the Pinwheel Sweater by Elann for a while, I just haven't posted much about it.
Here are the colors I started with, 6 skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease. The start of the pinwheel and a detail of the pretty yarn overs.
The division for the sleeves, the loopy I-cord bind off, and the finished body of the Pinwheel with many ends to weave in. :(
A lovely picture of Sean's mom sleeping on him. I brought the Pinwheel to work on at the hospital while waiting for Sean's sister to have her baby.
And after twenty some hours of labor, Emily Marie Hokason was born on January 27th, 2008 3:10am!
7lbs, 20 inches
So two weeks later I finally got the energy to finish the sleeves and weave in the ends. Finally a finished baby size Pinwheel! :)
I decided not to do the ribbing on the sleeves since I didn't really mesh with the rest of the garment. Overall I'm really happy I chose this route, I used #5's for the garter stitch "ribbing."
So shortly after I finished the Pinwheel I got on a bender to finish everything in my massive knitting bag. I found Crystal's Fetching, which were supposed to be given as a Christmas gift over a month ago, and decided to finish these puppies.
All that was left to knit was the thumbs but since I ran into a bit of a problem with finding more of the yarn it was left to the wayside. Web's saved my but again, I didn't get the same dye lot but it didn't matter. No one could tell the difference between the two.
Crystal was actually REALLY excited to finally get these on her paws. She said they're perfect for texting in the cold.
All that's left to knit up over the next few days is the Aspen hat from Twinkle's Big City Knits book. My sister demanded this hat for her birthday which is quickly creeping up on me (it's the 17th). Eeeck!
Sorry for the scatter brain posts, I do most of my blogging when I get a spare minute (which is usually during psychology class).
Anyway, happy knitting and I hope to see my friends in MN and WI at the knit out at the Mall of America this Saturday and Sunday.
-Sara

No comments: